is seeking a passionate Director of Billing & Collections
to join our partner's team. The Director, Billing & Collections
position is responsible for designing, operating and improving scalable processes that ensure the company has accurate billing of customers and timely collection of cash from outstanding accounts. This position manages the daily operation of billing and collection with a dedicated team professionals in Denver and San Luis Obispo.
The position is expected to place emphasis on continuous improvement of the day-to-day operation and drive ongoing focus on building an effective and efficient organization that effectively manages the billing and cash flow. The position reports to the Vice President – Customer Operations and works closely across functions including Customer Care, Project Management, FP&A, and Accounting.
- Full revenue cycle oversight (monthly billing and timely collection of cash)
- Cultivate a best in class billing & collection department and team of 40+ team members
- Develop, approve and monitor operational policies and procedures to ensure they meet objectives
- Define and execute best practice strategies to manage aged receivables and optimize collection outreach activities to achieve targeted goals.
- Responsible for minimizing bad debts for the organization.
- Manage credit and collections for all resellers, contractors, integrators, and installers
- Oversee the AR, billing and collections functions within the Oracle platform
- Develop and implement business requirements for enhancements to billing systems and collection tools
- Negotiate and maintain third party vendors and contracts
- Oversee the accurate, timely and compliant monthly billing
- Self-driven, highly motivated leader who leads by example, and builds a high-performance culture.
- Drives collaboration and fosters an open, positive communication environment in the team.
- Strong financial acumen.
- Build, monitor and manage to the budget.
- Manage the size of the workforce to ensure the size is adequate to achieve KPI’s outlined.
- Identify and implement cost efficiencies that benefit profitability.
- Manages cross-functional initiatives that are focused on improving the end to end customer experience and drive efficiency across teams.
- Manages a team of four (4) or more managers in a multi-layered organization where effective influence is critical.
- Works effectively with peers in the organization.
- Develops policies and processes necessary to get things done; knows how to organize people and activities; understands how to separate and combine tasks into efficient work flow; and knows what to measure and how to measure it.
- Sees opportunities for strategy and integration where others can’t; can simplify complex processes; and gets more out of fewer resources.
- Measures and holds the team accountable against specific, challenging attainable performance goals and celebrates achievement of departmental and individual metrics.
- Exceptional analytical skills must combine with a bias toward results
- Build strategic vision for best in class billing and collection organization and is able to communicate effectively to the team and draw a golden thread between their performance and the impact it has on the team, and the company as a whole.
- Focused on achieving business results while balancing employee engagement and retention of talent
- Significant experience motivating and inspiring employees.
- Recruit, develop and mentor a high performing team.
- Approaches new challenges with a “can-do” attitude and a bias toward action.
- Takes ownership for finding solutions. Able to deal with uncertainty and ambiguity.
- Excellent work ethic, leadership skills, interpersonal, communication and organization skills
- Superior written and oral communication skills, with the ability to persuasively present and communicate.
Our business - and our approach - is personal.
- Requires ten (10) years of progressive leadership positions with a minimum five (5) years in a Collections capacity in a large Business-to-Consumer (B2C) driven organization.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or an advanced degree is preferred. Progressive work and leadership experience in lieu of educational preference is acceptable.
- Experience in a leadership role managing a bright, energetic and evolving team that is focused on a corporate mission. The industry is evolving daily so this leader must thrive in a fast paced and uncertain business climate.
- Demonstrated results in driving customer experience improvements across team – requires managing the process from ideation through implementation and measurement of results.
- Direct experience driving technology advancements for the team to drive scale and automation into the organization.
IntelliSource is a national business process outsourcing company providing Fortune 500 and fast-growth companies with people, processes and tools to manage critical, non-core business functions. From our foundation of staffing resources and through over 19 years building world-class solutions, IntelliSource is a trusted partner to its clients and associates, empowering businesses and the thousands we employ nationwide to realize their full potential.
We are an equal opportunity employer. No employee or applicant will be discriminated against in any condition of employment because of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by law. This is a free service to you. We are an E-Verify Employer.