is searching for a Mechanical Engineer
to join our manufacturing partner’s team. The Mechanical Engineer
is responsible for performing the preparation of mechanical engineering contract drawings. The mechanical engineering designs include, but not be limited to, heating ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) systems, dust collection, dry air systems, cooling and heating hydronic systems.
• Experience in design Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning systems and some plumbing design experience
• Professional Design Experience in a wide range of project types including: office, mission critical/data centers, high tech/R&D, bio-tech/pharmaceutical and industrial
• Knowledge and experience with writing sequences of operation
• Experience in writing engineering reports and assess systems and construction quality
• Construction Administration experience including site observation visits and review of RFIs, and shop drawings
• Direct experience in the preparation of mechanical contract drawings and engineering specifications
• Proficient in the use of various computer programs such as HVAC load calculations, Microsoft Office Suite, and AutoCAD.
Responsibilities / Engineering Knowledge:
Complete understanding and familiarity with calculating, sizing and selecting mechanical and hydraulic equipment, distribution and infrastructure. Including but not limited to: Dust Collectors, Heat Exchangers (shell/tube, plate/frame, brazed fin), Chillers, Pumps, Air Handling Units, Terminal Units, Fans / Blowers, Pumps, DOAS Units, Control Valves and Instrumentation, Hazardous Exhaust, Dehumidification Units, Heat Recovery Systems, Energy Savings Equipment.
Advanced knowledge of engineering design principles and applicable design guides and standards related to assigned engineering discipline.
• International Codes Council (ICC) Suite of Codes (codes including Building, Mechanical, Plumbing, Energy Conservation, Fuel Gas, and Fire Codes)
• ASHRAE Handbooks / Standards
• SMACNA Standards
Identifying opportunities for innovation and making recommendations that are supported by the analysis and are consistent with code and good engineering practice
- Actively coordinates with internal/external team members.
- Typically responsible for defining project schedules for HVAC.
- Assist in resolving construction conflicts and answers questions from contractors and bidders
- Provide in-field or on-site surveys and inspections and draft subsequent site report
- Ensure the installation of the mechanical system meets the plans and specifications of the original design and the expectations of the client
- Resolving design issues creatively and thoroughly coordinating design with other disciplines.
- Review Mechanical design packages from other team members
• Minimum of 10 years mechanical consulting experience with HVAC systems
• Excellent communication skills essential for team-based working
• Professional Engineer registration
Our business - and our approach - is personal.
IntelliSource has 20 years of business process outsourcing experience – bringing innovative solutions through people, processes and technology to maximize Fortune 500 and fast-growth companies' operations and workforce management. IntelliSource has a proven track record as a trusted partner to its clients and associates - empowering businesses and people to reach their full potential.
IntelliSource is an equal opportunity employer.
No employee or applicant will be discriminated against in any condition of employment because of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by law. IntelliSource is a free service to you. We are an E-Verify Employer.