is searching for a Design Manager
to join our manufacturing partners team in Buffalo on a project basis. This is a great opportunity to work for a progressive company and provides a large weekly per diem and hotel stipend for any temporary relocations/travel while on the team!
Design Manager/Design Lead
- Oversee and own the execution of the full design and engineering effort for issue for bid (IFB) and issue for construction (IFC) design packages.
- Proactively seek out and coordinate all technical and business need information required from the numerous customers and stakeholders and transform them into a scope of work (SOW) used to set a baseline for design.
- Accurately communicate customer design scope to engineering disciplines, which will allow the disciplines to:
- Create project estimates
- Create project schedules
- Manage the following:
- Design Scope Changes
- Alignment of scope and schedule with the design team.
- Schedule changes and ensure they are reflected accurately in the project schedule.
- Manage scope effectively to support highly dynamic design process and ensure engineering teams are completing milestones on time.
- Facilitate design review meetings with attendees from construction, facilities operation, manufacturing and design personnel.
- Develop design deliverables to support design drawings for construction.
- Demonstrate the agility required to quickly shift focus between tasks in order to deliver on multiple design projects.
- Be able to give detailed and accurate project updates as needed.
Associate Design Manager
- Bachelor of Science degree or Architecture.
- Design or engineering experience preferred.
- Knowledge of how design process’s and design reviews operate and are managed.
- Knowledge of excel use and computer programming/scripting is a plus
- Provide administrative support in such areas as invoicing, PO logs, cost accounting, meeting organization (including preparation of minutes), mail and correspondence monitoring, and inventory control.
- Assist program and project managers, technical editors, and field personnel in the coordination of project activities such as project schedules.
- Assist with file, database, and document control according to established protocols.
- Assemble summary sheets for distribution to project managers to help track billing and reporting deadlines.
- Interact with subcontractors on general questions or inquiries, create reports for business lines and management, and assist with presentation preparation and status reporting,
- May interact with regulatory agencies and/or subcontractors to exchange information.
- Take on responsibilities of Design Manager/Lead as directed
Our business - and our approach - is personal.
IntelliSource has 20 years of business process outsourcing experience – bringing innovative solutions through people, processes and technology to maximize Fortune 500 and fast-growth companies' operations and workforce management. IntelliSource has a proven track record as a trusted partner to its clients and associates - empowering businesses and people to reach their full potential.
IntelliSource is an equal opportunity employer. No employee or applicant will be discriminated against in any condition of employment because of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by law. IntelliSource is a free service to you. We are an E-Verify Employer.